This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How To Make Your Content Interesting and Useful – How to make your content useful in a boring industry, creating content that brings people to your website, and more.
- 8 Ways to Make Money With a Blog (And the Major Mistake You Should Avoid) – If you carefully survey the world of successful bloggers, you will find a variety of revenue generating opportunities.
- All Your Writing Clips on One Site: Cuttings.me Review and Interview – Freelance writers, journalists, and bloggers need to show editors and prospect clients examples of their work. British journalist and fellow freelancer Nicholas Holmes has come up with a brilliant way for you to easily showcase your clips in one slick portfolio on one website.
- A ‘Thank You’ to 21 Bloggers for Kicking Butt, Taking Names, and Creating Greatness – Some bloggers write, others kick butt while creating greatness in the process. Here are my thoughts on a 21 bloggers who are taking action!
- 100 Questions to Help You Write, Publish, and Sell Your Ebook – If you want to write an ebook but are having difficulty getting started, these 100 questions will give you the jump start that you need.
Business / Career / Making Money Online
- How to Find Out Which Online Marketing Strategy Drives the Best Traffic – Do you participate in so many different types of online marketing strategies that when your boss asks you which one is the most effective, you don’t know what to say? This is where Google Analytics Advanced Segments come into play.
- 10 Ways for New Writers to Market their Business and Get Into the Spotlight – 10 solid tips to help your business get more results as a writer.
- The 10 Brand Questions Every SMB Must Answer – 10 questions intended to help you take a more strategic look at your brand to identify what’s working and where you may want to improve.
- Screw Overnight Success: How to Really Build Long-Term Growth Online – Despite what the ads will tell you, very few business people earn a comfortable living after a few days or weeks in business. A more reliable – and more profitable – way to approach your business is with a long-term plan.
- How To Increase Adsense CTR: Tested and Confirmed – Multiple tests on how to increase Adsense CTR keep confirming that you should not display ads all over your blog.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 50 Ways to Show Gratitude for the People in Your Life – From the people who love you, to the people who challenge you, to the people who support you at work, here’s how to show your gratitude.
- 10 Ways to Find Balance and Serenity After a Productive Day – 10 simple ways to relax and reflect after a long day of productivity. Everyone should be rewarded for working hard.
- The Path to Long-Term Productivity – The real secret to your long term productivity lies in your health and your well-being.
- 18 Ways to Find Direction Over Your Holiday Break – The holidays are a great time to step back from your work-life and rethink what and how you are trying to get things done.
- 10 Powerful Productivity Tips You Can Practice – What actions describe the remarkably productive? What routines, principles, and tactics establish a few people persistently more productive than the rest?
Search Engines / SEO
- Is Google+ Imperative For SEO? – We all know that Google has over 200 signals it uses when ranking content, but you know what Google loves to rank well when its relevant? Google stuff.
- 5 Press Release SEO Posts & 10 Bonus Tips for Better Google Rankings – A list of Press Release Optimization tips plus a few extras at the end of this post.
- 6 Cool Ways to Supplement Your Open Site Explorer Data – Today, we’re going to take some fresh link data from your favourite link information mining tool of choice and supplement the hell out of it with even more data.
- How I Keep My Bounce Rate Under 2% – Keeping visitors on your website is a key component to success. The more time a visitor spends on your site, the more likely they are to follow through with whatever action you want them to take, whether that’s subscribing to a newsletter, purchasing a product, or making an inquiry.
- About Link Building – This post is for any new linkbuilders out there who wants a one-stop resource to guide them focusing on the different linkbuilding factors, linkbuilding methods and linkbuilding results.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Find and Add Facebook Apps to Your Facebook Page – How to find and install third-party Facebook applications easily to improve your Facebook Page and incite fans to come back again.
- 10 Creative Ways to “Level-Up” Your Presence on Facebook – Pat’s shared a lot of tips about Facebook over the past two years, but nothing like this. Here’s what you can do to LEVEL-UP your presence on Facebook today!
- 10 Productive Tasks You Should Be Doing On Google+ Right Now – The following list of things that you should be doing on Google+ will keep you both productive and effective, not just entertained.
- 3 Steps To Boost Conversion From Social Media Profiles – 3 super-simple methods to boost conversion from social media profiles.
- 25 Google+ Tips and Tricks – From making your profile pop to mastering your stream, I’ll share 25 of the most useful Google+ Tips and Tricks to get you going.
Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals for Bloggers
Want to skip the crowds and still get some good deals? Here are some great Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals for bloggers and online marketers.
1. 25% off StudioPress – From Tuesday, November 22nd through Monday, November 28th at 5pm PST, use the discount code THANKS for an additional 25% off of StudioPress Genesis Framework, child themes, and packages. Don’t miss this great deal! Read my comparison of Thesis vs. Genesis for more information.
2. 40% off Income Blogging Course – For 100 members only, get six months membership to the Income Blogging Course for per month – a total savings of 0 off the entire course! Read my course review for more information.
3. Only72 Hour Sale – Get ,033 worth of courses from big names in the online marketing and blogging industry for only beginning Monday, November 28th at noon EST through December 1st. Be sure to check out the interviews now and sign up!
4. ProBlogging Action Plan – Get 50% off Jane Sheeba’s ProBlogging Action Plan eBook from now through Monday, November 28th at midnight. Use the discount code bfcmpbs to take advantage of this Black Friday Special.
5. HostGator – Hostgator is offering 50% off all hosting services on Black Friday only (from midnight to 11:59pm CST) including shared, reseller, VPS, and dedicated servers. No coupon code is needed – just place your order during the designated time frame today!
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo came from Jerome, AZ. Along the way, while scoping out a way to get to an urbex scene down the hill, I looked up and noticed what remained of the fall colors in the town.
Don’t Miss Out on Fetching Fridays!
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Black Friday & Cyber Monday Blogging Sales
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Holiday Deals & Inspiration
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Follow Friday, & a Star Wars Dance Off
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Follow Friday, & DoFollow Resources
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Follow Friday, & Happiest Turtle