This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, who’s going to Affiliate Summit West, and productivity systems on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- The simple technique that will make everything you write more popular – and it’s not SEO or social media related.
- Win a free review of your blog and social media – a 9 value for simply signing up to an email list that should be great (not to mention also comes with a free bonus on goal setting for your blog).
- 11 ways to drive traffic to your website – these tips work for any website, including blogs.
- Leo Babauta on blogging success – great interview filmed at Blog World Expo.
- Essential statistics from the State of the Blogosphere 2010 – this post summarizes some major findings, but if you want the full details, head to the source at Technorati.
- 20 tips for a better blog launch – covers design, branding, content, SEO, and promotion.
- Static FBML troubleshooting guide – common issues and their solutions.
- Facebook deals – sharing the love with coupons for fans.
- 4 things small businesses should know about Facebooks new groups – how to utilize groups for small to medium sized businesses.
- The definitive guide to Facebook SEO – a look into the Open Graph.
- Everything you ned to know about the latest Facebook announcements – Facebook for iPhone, Places for Android, single sign-on, API updates, deals, and more.
- The world’s 20 most popular Facebook pages – a great look at who or what gets the most fans, and how they use Facebook.
- iPhone vs. Android vs. Blackberry – a look at how users of each phone see users of the others.
- DIY guide to successful link bait – infographic on the lifecycle of linkbait.
- Politics have hit social media – simple infographic with intersting statistics.
- Bed bugs facts – not sure how you’ll sleep after reading this!
- Anatomy of a search marketer – great information from the 2010 SEO survey, plus a neat infographic.
- 3 ways to approach link requests – whether you should ask for a link as a SEO professional, as a representative of the client, or as a brand advocate.
- How I got a backlink from a PR 10 domain – proof that you need to think creatively when approaching link building.
- The new age of link building – how to build trust.
- What Google Place page update means to local link building – as long as your link seeking targets were chosen based on their ability to build credibility, brand and/or click traffic, nothing changes
- Link building tip: discover broken links and request those links – short but simple tip for discovering new links.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- Landing page optimization tips – four common issues with 50+ sites that decrease sales and conversions.
- Conversions vs. traffic – small changes, and what to focus on when it comes to visitors and conversions.
- The Adsense checklist – perfect for beginning and existing Adsense users looking to make more Adsense revenue.
- 25 entrepreneurs reveal their monetization strategy – tips from some of the top making money online experts.
- Tips for increasing your Amazon associates earnings – four tips to make more from Amazon.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Courage is a choice – how not to let fear get in the way.
- How to get massive amounts of sh*t done – a simple way to get your to do list organized.
- 8 ways to stop feeling indifferent – evaporate your indifference once and for all.
- 101 important questions to ask yourself – self-reflection questions to help you live your best life.
- How to assess, decide, and do with pen, paper, and magnets – the simplest productivity setups you can create using a minimum number of tools.
- 50 free, fabulous tools for mind mapping and brainstorming – huge list of tools.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- 9 Google Analytics features you aren’t using but should be – each including a video tutorial and addtional resources.
- How to optimize content for Google News – how optimizing your headlines can get your content on the first page for competitive keywords.
- Google local SEO and the future of search – the big shift and what it means for search engine optimization.
- YouTube SEO – an experiment and useful tips for how to rank for a useful video.
- 5 Google Suggest services to keep an eye on – what you can learn about news, images, video, products, and maps.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 7 ways to market yourself on LinkedIn – no matter what you want to do, from getting a job to selling your own product, you need to take advantage of this network. Also don’t miss on the free ebook offer at the end of the post.
- How to really use LinkedIn to market your freelance business – guide for everyone, but especially geared toward freelancers.
- The 9 worst ways to use LinkedIn for business – now what NOT to do on LinkedIn.
- 21 ways non-profits can leverage social media – great tips for anyone, but especially geared toward NPOs.
- Fanning the social media flame – how to market your content for viral exposure.
- Trick or Tweet: Meet the new Twitter style guide – a look at the official Twitter buttons, widgets, and apps.
- Follow Finder by Google Labs – not a blog post, but an interesting tool to analyze and find similar people to follow.
- Why Twitter friends are better than co-workers – or more appropriately, when your Twitter friends become co-workers.
- How to gain Twitter influence – five simple steps to becoming an influential Twittterer.
- 26 keys to Twitter success – easy to follow Twitter strategy tips.
- Engage your audience with Highlight for WordPress – video and examples of great ways to use this plugin, as well as a contest to win an iPad!
- Awesome WordPress plugins to empower your visitors – Google powering your search results and socializing your site.
- Best of WordPress database and backup solutions – an overview of 19 plugins and apps to protect your WordPress info.
- 16 great websites and feeds for WordPress enthusiasts.
- Do freelancers do best on WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla? A look at industry growth, projects, and average spent on CMS development for these three platforms.
Who’s Going to Affiliate Summit West 2011?
Thanks to Deborah of ABCsPlus affiliate and monetization forum, I won a gold pass to the Affiliate Summit West conference in held at the Wynn in Vegas from January 9-11. This event is specifically geared toward affiliate marketing and monetization, and has a great lineup of speakers and sessions to help you learn how to make money online.
To learn more, watch the video in the sidebar under upcoming events (conveniently aligned with the Making Money Online section of the resources) or click here to visit the official website, and let me know if you’ll be attending (especially if I missed you at Blog World). Be sure to register before the event, as onsite registration prices increase 0 – 0!
Productivity Systems – Do They Work?
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & CommentLuv Benefits
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & What Social Media Is and Isn’t
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Twitter Top Ten
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup and Two Corgis
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, TED & Creativity