This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, Blog World events listing (meetups, tweetups, and parties), and 5 ways to use video for branding on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 7 things that blogging does – important lessons about the value of blogging.
- How to file a DMCA notice – for those who have been victims of content theft, a nice guide to reporting it to the proper authorities.
- Why writing blog posts should not be your top priority – if it’s not producing content, then what is it?
- How do we know the ROI of blogging? A look at the standard return on investment formula and 5 tools to help you measure ROI.
- 3 magic words that will change your blogging life – what are they, and how you can apply them to your blogging strategy.
- What if women had designed Facebook? A look at if an online community was created with different values.
- 11 killer ways to increase your Facebook Ad CTR – great tips, especially the one about images.
- How to add a contact form to your Facebook page using FBML – great tutorial for adding more interaction to your page (especially since fan pages don’t get private messages).
- How Facebook Friday expert sessions increase engagement on a fan page – a look at how you can get more interaction and learn more about your fans.
- Marketing experiments emerge – 9 creative ways to use Facebook Places.
- 10 common misconceptions dispelled – do muscles turn to fat if you stop exercising and answers to 9 other questions.
- Money in the food industry and tipping – includes 5 celebrities that never tip, and 6 who leave awesome tips!
- The world without Apple – a timeline from 1975 and more.
- Zombie survival guide – a look at how dangerous different types of zombies are (you know this will be relevant one day.
- The fatty truth about fast food – what will you be eating for lunch today?
- How to use Google Instant as a powerful link building x-ray – instead of fearing Instant, utilize it with these tips!
- 25 social media link building queries for content promotion – inurl, site-specific, and generic social media queries.
- 5 tips to kick start your link building via social media monitoring – how to start social media link building.
- Link research tools: a look at the All-in-One Backlink and Competitor Research Toolkit.
- How to use referrers to track link building efforts – what are the important analytics for referrers and 5 things to keep in mind when analyzing them.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 5 mind-blowing list building techniques – great ways to build your mailing list.
- Popup Domination Review – not the sales pitch, but a look at what you get with this plugin and how to create a beautiful lightbox form in 7 easy steps.
- Will EverCookie kill affiliate marketing? Interesting information, especially in the comments.
- Fiverr: What would you do for ? A great place to make money and find resources.
- Are auto blogs unethical and downright wrong? If they’re blatantly ripping off other people’s content to make money, then YES!
- 11 ways to convicne readers to buy your ebook – great tips to make more ebook sales.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Is it time for a work detox? How to make time for what is really important.
- Create your plan ahead – how to plan for the future.
- Is productivity the key to happiness? What is the real reason behind our drive for increasing productivity?
- The ultimate guide to motivating yourself – six steps on how to get motivated.
- 8 bad habits that crush your creativity and stifle your success –
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- The new Goo.gl URL shortener – has some interesting “easter eggs” and supposedly passes all the link juice!
- 5 ridiculous SEO myths of 2010 – SEO is not dead and a few more gems.
- 5 ways to use your social profiles for SEO – tips on how followed and nofollowed profiles can help with link credit and more.
- 5 cool tips to help Google penalize you – aka, 5 things not to do.
- 5 signs your SEO client might suck – defintely some warning signs on who to avoid if possible.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Exploring and defining influence – a new study, including charts on ranking influence, causing measurable action, and more.
- YouTube embed code – everything you ever wanted to know on how to use it!
- 11 ways I use the Internet to save customers money – how to share discounts on social media.
- How to create a social media conversion funnel – how to define social media goals, identify conversion process, and set the time frame.
- Advancing a social media conference in Boson – includes a contest to win tickets to Social Media Monitoring on October 5th in Boston (more on the event here too)!
- 3 tools for visualizing your Twitter impact – for markters and normal Twitter users.
- Get more retweets with these plugins, apps, and services – how to increase the ease of retweeting your content.
- Twitter to start selling followers – or more importantly, you can start buying followers.
- Twitter chats: a goldmine of traffic, followers, and knowledge – chats worth participating in, and how to participate.
- 6 Twitter tools to help you get more out of conference season – definitely some I’m adding to my arsenal.
- Impact: The ultimate webpage builder plugin for WordPress – a premium plugin that allows you to create unique designs for posts and pages.
- WordPress cheatsheet – what you need to know all in one.
- Top social bookmarking plugins for WordPress – including new ones that are 3.0 compatible.
- Expert advice on WordPress development for beginners – common mistakes, learning WordPress, favorite plugins, and much more.
- 7 must have SEO plugins for WordPress blogs – a nice review of some that I haven’t heard of.
Blog World Meetups, Tweetups, and After Parties!
- Wednesday night’s Pre-Blog World Tweetup
- Thursday night’s Slushie Mall Bar Tweet-Up and Light Group Party at Liquid
- Friday night’s MashBash at Haze
- Breakfast meetups (tentatively for Thursday and Saturday morning, and possibly for Friday) for Third Tribe members only – join now if you want to meet up with some great marketing minded people (and not to mention get access to some 20+ educational seminars and a supportive community forum).
- Saturday night’s TechKaraoke event (wish I were staying long enough to be at this one).
Be sure to contact me if you’re going – I would love to meet as many of my readers possible. There is still a 15% off discount available off registration using code LATE15 if you haven’t registered for Blog World Expo yet, so what are you waiting for!?!
5 Ways to Use Video for Branding
Don’t you love it when you write a post, and see someone take action because of it? Lisa Orrell of Promote U Guru did just that by taking my post on video posts for bloggers and extending it with some more great ideas and applications in the following video! Great job, and thanks for the props!
Also, don’t miss this article on how easy it is for you to get into video marketing.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup and Blog World Celebrities
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Less Than a Week to Blog World
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Best Keynote at Blog World
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Blog World Expo Early Bird Deadline & #FBCLcontest Update
- Fetching Friday – Resources, Blog World Expo & Akismet