This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 9 Habits Of Extraordinary Blogs – Every single one of the top multi-million pageview blogs and blogzines out there have these characteristics without fail.
- 10 Common Business Blogging Saboteurs and How To Overcome Them
- How To Organize a Messy Sidebar For Better User Experience – The sidebar is prime real estate of your blog and it displays on most of your blog’s pages. Make it relevant and useful for your visitors while making it work for you and your goals.
- How to Know Which Plugins are Killing Your Site’s Performance – How to use the developer tools available in Google Chrome, to work out which components of your blog are causing you issues.
- Writers, Unleash Your Inner Honey Badger – It’s hard to keep plugging away, sending queries, making cold calls, updating your website. Sometimes you just want to crawl into bed and just stay there. But don’t! Do this instead.
Business / Career
- 45 Awesome Posts on A/B, Multivariate, and Usability Testing – Learn more about A/B testing, multivariate testing, and usability testing for copy, design, landing pages, PPC, and much more.
- Proving Trust on the Web – For those of us who’ve been deep in the trenches of online marketing for years, the question of who to trust may seem inane.
- 8 Small Business Social Media Tips From the Pros – Small business social media marketing: hot tips from the pros on how small businesses can use social media to get more clients.
- Beware of Fancy Formulas and Slick Shortcuts – Sometimes, you get advice from an expert that embarrasses you because you should have known better. It may be great advice once you are ready for it!
- The Most Common Business Blogging and SEO Mistake in the World – Most business blogs are suffering from one major mistake, a mistake that kills SEO and future traffic.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 17 Unproductive Habits to Let Go – Our daily life is full of unproductive habits and rituals that we execute – whether on a conscious or unconscious level. This makes us less efficient and productive than we could potentially be.
- 14 Inspiring Life and Business Lessons From Richard Branson – 14 incredible life and business lessons that will inspire you.
- The 5 Absolute Worst Months to Start Getting Things Done – Here are the 5 absolute worst months to start using David Allen’s Getting Things Done – or GTD – methodology.
- 7 Success Secrets That 99% of People Don’t Know or Use – Some people seem to have it all; great relationships, love, friendship, money and success in every venture they go into. So what makes these people different?
- Musings from Australia: Luck Has Nothing to Do with Dreams – The inspiration from this post was not just by luck. It came straight from the wind and the sound of the waves crashing against these rocks.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- How To Use UTM Parameters In Google Analytics 5 – If you want to get down to specifics about your traffic, you need to start using UTM parameters for custom campaigns in Google Analytics 5.
- How to Increase Your Google Website Traffic by 30.01% – Looking to improve your Google website traffic? One trick you can try is to re-optimize each blog post and get backlinks to them. The author shows how he did this and got an 30% increase in search engine traffic.
- Eric Ward Answers 10 Questions on BizDev Link Building – Helping stretch the mind of link builders into thinking more deeply about link building and its importance to business.
- The Number 1 Mistake New SEO Consultants Make – Hoping that people can learn from the mistakes myself and my colleagues often see new SEO consultants make when entering the industry, the author recently asked a group of successful search engine marketing folks what is the number one mistake they have seen new consultants make in SEO.
- Google Admits ‘Organic Results’ Are Filler To Pump Deceptive Ads at Consumers – Those who coddled Google & gave Google the benefit of the doubt now have egg on their face, and the industry as a whole is poorer for their poor judgement & lack of stewardship.
Social Media / Social Networking
- What is Pinterest & Why You Should Optimize For It – Learn about Pinterest, how it works, and why you should optimize your website for Pinterest users in mind.
- LinkedIn for Business – Building Your Professional Brand & Traffic – What you should be doing on LinkedIn to build your professional brand and authority.
- Answers to 31 Social Media Questions You’re Too Shy to Ask – Learn the answers to 31 social media questions you were too embarrassed to ask on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- How to Create a Jaw Dropping Social Media Strategy in 5 Steps – Like most marketing plans, social media channels need to go through the following five goals in order to produce the kind of results that are truly profitable.
- How Ideas Spread with Social Media – Is your social media marketing based on social media myths or scientifically grounded methods? Find out in Dan Zarrella’s Hierarchy of Contagiousness.
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo came from the snowy Grand Canyon this past weekend. It may have been only 0 degrees, but it was worth it to come back with such beautiful images!
A feel good song with beautiful nature imagery!
Don’t Miss Out on Fetching Fridays!
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Blog World Preview
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Follow Friday, & the 2nd Largest Aquarium in the World
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup and Blog World Celebrities
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Less Than a Week to Blog World
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Best Keynote at Blog World