This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and the best keynote at Blog World Expo 2010 on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to measure blog conversion – a simple step-by-step guide to establish a blog conversion strategy and measure it by setting Google Analytics Goals.
- The super effective content audit for bloggers – seven reasons you should perform a content audit and six things to track.
- A marketer’s guide to content curation – not just for marketers, but this post will help you learn how to appropriately aggregate information in one place to create value for information consumers.
- Easy content scheduling for bloggers – five steps to creating a content schedule.
- 10 powerful tips to prevent and leverage content theft – Make it increasingly difficult/annoying to copy contents and at the same time leverage it.
- How to pet a kitty – part three is especially important to those not familiar with cats.
- What kind of geek are you? The evolution of the geek infographic.
- The 20 most popular design tools and their users – infographic depicting the 20 most popular design tools, calculated using a ‘magic’ formula based on the results taken from three different popularity ranking websites.
- ROI on Internet marketing services – if you are having a hard time explaining or understanding the return on your investment, this chart may help.
- The marriage map – the five stages of marriage (and why to stop your divorce).
- The problem with footer links in SEO – not all links are created equal! Learn why footer links can harm both the linking site and the site being linked to.
- Advanced link building strategies for affiliate sites – 56 slide presentation that covers tools, competitor research, and more.
- Shake up your link building efforts – seven ways to get past link building roadblocks.
- Link building guide for bloggers – eight great ways to get links for your blog.
- 10 things I learned as a link building intern – they definitely don’t teach this in school!
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 20 top blog sales – a look at how some blog owners sold their sites for millions. If this post reaches 150 comments, he will followup with a post on how he built a blog and sold it in six months. So go comment!
- How not to monetize your blog – four ways that are just not good for your visitors or readers.
- 5 extreme tactics for removing a reputation attack from Google’s Index – a few tricks you can try to completely remove your attacker from Google’s index.
- 9 weird psychological tricks to get customers to take action – great things to incorporate into to get more conversions.
- The ultimate guide to affiliate espionage – try out some of these strategies when researching the next big product you are going to promote and to find techniques used by the pros.
Personal Development / Productivity
- The ROI of relationships – why we should enjoy where we are.
- Are you willing to make a short term sacrafice for long term gain? A few simple ways to change your life in an hour a day.
- 7 vital connections making up your true self – what makes up a strong foundation for yourself.
- How to make friends online – four steps for making friends, and three tips for maintaining them.
- 25 amazing self improvement ideas – applying some of these life changing self improvement ideas will help to make your days a little brighter.
- How to say no – 10 steps on learning how to say no.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Are SEO’s responsible for rankings or money? Why it’s important to set client expectations at the beginning.
- Crafting a SEO budget to maximize ROI – how to invest in ROI while staying within your allocated budgets.
- 7 difficult client expectations you will encounter in SEO and how to fix them – there are several erroneous expectations of search engine optimization and SEO companies that, if left unidentified and untreated, will ultimately lead to communication breakdowns between SEO and client, distrust, disappointment, and inevitable failure of the campaign.
- The great misconception of long-tail keywords and SEO – long-tail keywords are more than those that have 3 or more keywords contained within the phrase. They are those which get hardly any searches at all, but which in aggregate can bring highly targeted visitors to your website.
- Thoughts on business titles – what Google will constitute as spamming your business listing in local search marketing.
- 10 halloween costumes for SEO’s – illustrations on what would make the perfect SEO costumes for 2010
Social Media / Social Networking
- 10 ways to increase highly-targeted leads on LinkedIn – 10 things you can implement on the most powerful business networking site to attract leads and start seeing results.
- So you think you want to hire a social media manager? An eight point checklist on what to look for.
- 3 reasons to dig deeper in social listening – uncover content ideas, locate communities, and identify advocates.
- Why brands cannot ignore social media mavens – almost an infographic like post on the profile of social media mavens and why they are so influential.
- Cracking the Facebook code – how does the social media giant decide who and what to put in your feed?
- How to backup your social media life – covers backup options for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, and Picasa.
- Why I deleted my Foursquare account – geolocation is hot, but I don’t need to have a Foursquare account to evangelize its importance.
- 15 funny Twitter reactions to The Social Network Movie – favorite Tweets about the movie.
- How Twitter helped the Discovery Channel during a hostage crisis – a case study of social media’s place in an extreme crisis situation.
- How to get more followers with the official Twitter retweet button – including the code for implementing this button into your WordPress theme.
- Why Twitter massively undervalued compared to Facebook – a look at the potential value of Twitter, and how the three things Twitter must embrace to capitalize on it.
- 10 kinds of people I don’t follow on Twitter – are you the type that might be losing followers?
The Blog World Recap
If you haven’t already, stop by and read about my experience at Blog World Expo 2010. And if you have, it’s probably been updated since you last visited with new links at the bottom to more recaps and photos. So check it out, as I keep updating it with more resources!
Cast Your Vote
Don’t worry, it’s not about politics! This week there is a lot of voting going on, and I wanted to share a few of the things I have voted for, and hope that if you like them, you’ll give them a vote as well.
Arizona Sports and Phoenix Suns Fans
Valley of the Suns, run by my collegue Michael Schwartz, brings you the hottest Phoenix Suns news. This guy is super passionate about his blog, a member of the TrueHoop ESPN network, and if you are a Suns fan, please give him a vote for favorite local blog.
If you saw me at Blog World, chances are you got to see my cards from Meet Meme. These cards come equipped with a QR code that will point your new contacts to your social networking profiles on their smartphones – a great way to get people to connect with you while you’re fresh on their brain. They were awesome enough to deliver my new cards to me on site at Blog World (thanks @houseofbrew, and trust me, they are quite the conversation piece. I’m happy to nominate @meet_meme for the category Most Promising New Company in the Mashable Awards. If you feel the same, please go and nominate!
Also, I have beta invites if you would like to get some of your own cards and yes, I’d be happy to trade cards by mail – contact me or let me know you’re interested in the comments!
Good Mood Gig
Amy, a cool social media enthusiast I met at Blog World, is looking to become the next Good Mood Blogger for SAM-e. She definitely has a great personality and would be a positive influence on this site, so check out her profile and give her your vote!
Opening Keynote at Blog World
If you saw my recap post from Blog World, you will notice all of the good advice given in this keynote by Scott Stratten. This is it in its entirety – he comes out at the 12 minute mark if you want to fast forward to the beginning of the good stuff! He was entertaining and informative, something you don’t get too often at these things, so if you missed it live, be sure to enjoy it here!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup and Blog World Celebrities
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Less Than a Week to Blog World
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Blog World Meetups Tweetups and Parties
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Blog World Expo Early Bird Deadline & #FBCLcontest Update
- Fetching Friday – Resources, Blog World Expo & Akismet