This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to Gain 2,281 Subscribers—and Increase Traffic by 69%—in 27 Days – Today the author shows you how I increased blog traffic by 69% and gained 2,281 new blog subscribers in 27 days with this simple 3-step formula.
- How the 80-20 Rule Affects Freelance Writers – The Pareto principle — the 80-20 rule — should guide how freelance writers and business owners choose clients and projects.
- Develop Irresistible Content with this 4-Point Formula – If you want to create blog posts, white papers, and even ebooks that clearly communicate your idea and compel your readers to do whatever you ask, you need to use this little formula.
- How to Fast Track Your Blogging Career with an Authority Statement – In this post the author talks about what exactly an authority statement is and how it can have a dramatic impact on your blogging career.
- A Picture’s Worth 1,000 Links: How To Find and Cite Images – Keep out of hot water by understanding what photo use legal jargon means, where to find images, and how to give proper attribution.
Business / Career
- 35 Headache-Free Split Testing Resources to Increase Your Conversions and Sales – Split testing sounds difficult, doesn’t it? Yet we know it’s good for business. Do what I do: let others do the work and you apply the results!
- How to Create a Domino Marketing Effect for Your Business – If you are looking to figure out how to create sustained attention for your business, personal brand or product you should check out this EPIC post. It really helps break down the concept of layering your message so it has the greatest impact.
- Why Paypal Freezes Or Limits Accounts And How To Prevent This From Happening To You – Under the following circumstances, Paypal has certain triggers in place as a safeguard against fraud. Here are some reasons why some of these safeguards might be triggered.
- Business Name Ideas: The Secret Recipe for Cooking Up a Business Name That Brings In More Customers – The key to a choosing a business name that brings in more customers is to make sure you achieve two goals. First, good names get the right kind of people in the door. Second, good names are easy to recall.
- 15 Ways To Establish Authority in Your Field – If your business is about you and you’re building a personal brand, then it’s essential that you look for ways to stand out against the competition by establishing authority in your field.
- Top 10 Free Time Tracking Apps for Freelancers – An overview of 10 top free apps for time management for freelancers.
- 20 Best Online To Do List Apps for Freelancers – How a to do list task manager implements these features has a big impact on it’s user base. Here are some of the most prevalent and useful features to consider in reviewing task based productivity software.
- Three Easy Tips to Help You Effectively Estimate Project Time – Do you know how much time your next project will take? As a freelancer, you should at least have an idea.
- Freelancing Bad Habits You Should Avoid Doing – In order to make your own name in the field, you have to make sure that you are on the right track. Part of that is doing away with habits that will not be help you succeed.
- How I Made 6 Figures as a Freelance Writer in 2011 – A description of each major client I had in 2011, roughly what percentage of my income came from each client, and how I found them plus 12 additional tips.
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to Lovingly Support Someone Who is Experiencing Hopelessness and Depression – If you have a friend or loved one who is experiencing hopelessness or depression, it can be difficult to know exactly what to say or do. While there isn’t any one magic thing to say that will alleviate their pain, there are many ways to offer support.
- Why You Hold On To A Miserable Job – Holding on to a job that makes you miserable: What are the reasons, rational or otherwise, behind not leaving a miserable job?
- 25 Quotes For When the Going Gets Tough – A list of favorite quotes to shed a positive light on less than sparkling situations.
- 101 Ways to Break Free and Level Up Your Life – Want to level up your life? Here are 101 ways to do that.
- How to Unleash the Power of Your Subconscious Mind – If you are one of those who often find your life a struggle, you may want to reverse the situation through harnessing the power of your subconscious mind. You do not have to settle with constantly being in self-sabotage, having a dark rain of cloud following you or living an uninspired existence.
Search Engines / SEO
- Google+ Optimization vs. Community Building: Pros & Cons of Google SPYW – There’s been no shortage of commentary about G+ and SPYW but the author thinks there are a few pros and cons that are worth exploring.
- 7 Smart Tips to Boost SEO Rankings and Traffic – Learn how to boost SEO rankings and traffic using 7 smart tips and without much of an effort. See where to start and what you need to do next.
- 4 Key Analytics Metrics That You’re Probably Underestimating – What are your site visitors trying to tell you? In this post, learn how to use analytics to uncover how and why visitors are interacting with your site.
- 12 Steps To Optimize A Webpage For Organic Keywords – The steps to take to optimize a webpage to try to improve organic search results – both increase rankings and improve click-throughs from the search listings.
- Anchor Text Distribution: Avoiding Over Optimization – For the sake of this post and to quell any arguments stemming from the phrase ‘over optimization’, the author, for this post, defines it as: building too many links with targeted anchor text such that they a) no longer provides value or b) actually takes away value – basically you’ve built too many targeted links and you’re not seeing your rankings increase.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 15 Twitter Hashtags for Web Design – 15 Twitter hashtags for web designers and how they can use them.
- How Google’s “Search Plus Your World” Should Change Your Social Media Strategy – Whether it’s shutting out Facebook and Twitter isn’t what we’re concerned with right now – all we need to know is that Google is telling us in no uncertain terms that it’s time to put Google Plus in the same realm as your heaviest-hitting social networks.
- 15 Twitter Tools to Boost Your Online Presence and Productivity – Overwhelmed by your Twitter stream? Use these free, effective Twitter tools to increase your productivity and enhance Twitter experience.
- The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Pinterest for Marketing – Learn everything you need to know about incorporating Pinterest into your company’s social media strategy. Also, don’t miss 50 Top Tips & Best Ways to use Pinterest for Business.
- 100 Ways to Become a Twitter Power User – How do you take advantage of this growing audience of Twitter consumers? You have to become a power user. So here are 100 proven tips to help you do just that.
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo comes from inside Mossy Cave in Bryce Canyon, Utah. While it is called Mossy, during the winter it should be named Icy!
A Week In Montana
This video was shot in various, beautiful locations around Montana.
Don’t Miss Out on Fetching Fridays!
You’re reading Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & A Week in Montana by Kristi Hines, originally posted on Kikolani. If you’ve enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Kristi on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+!
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Best Week Ever & Timelapse
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Week in Review & Poker Face
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Movie of the Week
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, 100 Greatest Hits on Youtube & Week in Review
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Less Than a Week to Blog World