This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- The Ultimate Guide to Guest Blogging – In this article we are going to look at exactly how you can get guest blogging opportunities and make the most out of them.
- 17 Copy-And-Paste Blog Post Templates – Ever feel stuck when preparing a blog post? Here are 17 Copy-And-Paste Blog Post Templates that you can use as your own.
- 23 Lessons You Can Learn From Corbett Barr – A compilation of 23 awesome tips and posts from the successful blogger behind Think Traffic.
- 7 Powerful Ways to End Your Next Blog Post – Without a powerful end to your post, all the work that you put into the title and paragraph one is wasted. Because the end of your post is what keeps your readers coming back for more.
- How To Get Over 50,000 Visits to Your Blog in the First Month – Peep Laja got 600 RSS subscribers, a double opt-in email list of 700 and a bunch of new Twitter followers. Not bad for the first month. Here were the strategies he followed to achieve this.
Business / Career
- The 100 Blogs You Need In Your Life – 100 blogs on entrepreneurship, blogging, Internet marketing, social media, SEO, niche sites, freelancing, affiliate marketing, and other topics to help you achieve the goal of leaving work behind.
- The 5 Truth Bombs That Are Silently Destroying Your Business – Lots of people are teaching business owners about the latest online tools and tactics for getting more customers, but almost nothing is said about the unchanging fundamentals that underpin all successful marketing.
- The Most Effective Piece of Content – 24 content strategy and marketing experts reveal common mistakes that people make in their content and marketing efforts.
- Sales Tips Revealed: The Must-Do Sales Strategy That Will Shock You – There’s a way for you to make more sales by asking a few simple questions. This strategy is based on some surprising research about the human brain and how it works and when James shares it with you below, you’ll realize just how powerful it is for making more sales.
- 37 Free Video Answers to Your Business and Marketing Questions – 37 answers to questions about choosing your niche, making money, launches, marketing, sales, traffic, and social media.
- 10 Places to Find Potential Clients that You can Engage with Online – To save you time looking everywhere, Alex put together a list of great places where you can look for prospects in your target market, before adding them somewhere like LinkedIn or Google+.
- 7 Get-Real Questions to Ask to Set Your Freelance Writing Fee – What should you charge for writing? That depends. Here are seven questions I ask in determining how much I will charge a new freelance writing client.
- 21 Times for a Freelancer to Say “No” – In this post, I list twenty-one situations where a freelancer might need to say “no” to a prospective client. I also provide a sample response (as well as some discussion) for each situation.
- How to Write a Guest Post for WordCount – Writing a guest post for WordCount is a smart move if you have a book, ebook or other project about to debut that you’d like to promote, or if you’d just like to gain some more exposure for your own blog.
- 44 New Portfolio WordPress Themes Collection – You may want to check out this 44 Premium Portfolio WordPress Themes. Browse through the samples and brief features.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 10 Ways to Stop Forgetting Things & Get More Done – We all want to stay on top of our tasks and obligations. What we need are good habits and strategies to remember what we need to do.
- 10 Good Reminders for Stressful Times – ust a few things to think about when life delivers a dose of difficulty and stress.
- How Meditation Improved My Life in About 30 Days – Last month, Stacy created a new habit: meditation. It drastically improved her life! She shares why and how it has brought so much positive change. Music included!
- How to Keep Going In The Face of Constant Setbacks – How to keep going in the face of life’s setbacks and disappointments, how to stay motivated by remembering what sets others up for success and what makes you special.
- The Ultimate Guide To Becoming A Doer – If you are tired of inactivity robbing you of your potential, then here are 15 ways to be a doer.
Search Engines / SEO
- The Inside Scoop to Finding Link Building Opportunities with Free Alerts – Exploring ways to automate the search for link building opportunities with free alerts.
- What is AuthorRank – With the maze of content and myriad of authors on the Internet, how do you stand out from the rest? If you publish content, you’ll want to learn all you can about the AuthorRank and the Rel=Author attribute.
- How To Test Your Google Authorship Markup in One Clicks – Did you implement your Google Authorship markup correctly? Is your review microformat being recognized by Google? The best way to find out is to run it through Google’s Rich Snippets Testing Tool.
- Everything You Need To Know About SEO Web Structure & Internal Links – Using internal linking to create a vertical site architecture is like setting-up a Monopoly board for game play. You still need to buy properties and add houses and hotels to have a chance at winning.
- Google+ Box Ranking Factors Report – How does Google decide which pages and profiles get that coveted spot? Also, how does Google decide which search queries get the plus box, and which ones don’t?
Social Media / Social Networking
- Pinterest Marketing Tips for SEO, Traffic, and Online Reputation Management – This post includes some additional statistics about Pinterest, how it compares to Tumblr, and tips for marketers looking to get more out of the Pinterest network for SEO, traffic, and online reputation management.
- How to Become a Twitter Ninja in Less Than 30 Minutes a Day – Twitter is one of the key tools in my platform toolbox. Here’s the strategy and tools Michael uses to maximize my impact and minimize my effort.
- 10 Tips to Optimize Your Facebook Page for Brand Visibility – Are you satisfied with your page presence so far or yearning for better results? Here are 10 tips to improve your Facebook Page for brand awareness and visibility.
- 10 Ways to Get More Traffic, Attention and Higher Rankings Through Social Sharing – If you write a post that gets 500 tweets, 100 likes and 40 +1s, and you do that consistently, your bound to grow your traffic and grow your search engine rankings. So how do you get people to share you content across the social web?
- 6 Mistakes That Get You Ignored On Twitter And Social Media – There are several tricks for getting people to retweet or share your content, and respond to you when you contact them.
Who’s Going to BlogWorld New York?
It’s that time again! BlogWorld New York is happening June 5th – 7th. Get the best prices with early bird registration now through February 22nd! For those who don’t want to hoof it to the West Coast (Los Angeles), then this East Coast event is for you.
BlogWorld Expo is my favorite conference to attend to network with other bloggers. So far I have only been to the ones on the West Coast, but I’m *strongly considering* the trek out to NY which is coincidentally starting on my birthday. So if you are planning to go, be sure to get the best prices by registering now. Let me know if you’re going too!
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo is from the snow covered Grand Canyon. Since it got chilly again here in Phoenix, I thought I’d post something wintry.
If you’ve got a good Internet connection, blow this one up to full size. It’s worth it!
Don’t Miss Out on Fetching Fridays!
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Follow Friday, & DoFollow Resources
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, 2011 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Timescapes
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Black Friday & Cyber Monday Blogging Sales
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & Volcano Timelapse